Innovation Forum of Kashmir (IFK)
A forum under the aegis of IIEC centre was formed on April 27, 2017 with members from academia, Industries and media.
Vision of IFK
To promote the culture of innovation in the valley for employment generation by providing a ecosystem for budding idea generators and innovators by linking various institutions thus harbingering innovations in various sectors through the philosophy of RICH
Mission of IFK
- To Promote a vibrant, innovative and entrepreneurial environment among institutions of the valley in particular and masses in general
- To involve various stakeholders for creating an ecosystem of innovations
- To create and develop sustainable, globally competitive facilities that will contribute towards the accelerated economic growth of the region by identifying, exploring and developing regional competitiveness
- To strengthen institute-industry- innovator linkages
- To assist and develop new business opportunities and ventures in specific sectors that are aligned with region’s unique areas of opportunity
Objectives of IFK
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of idea building to budding innovators.
- To create innovation culture in the various Institutions of the region
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge based enterprises and promote
- Employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- Identify social problems of diversified nature and respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities where research and innovation can help to find smart solutions
- Operate to provide institutional support in scouting, spawning, sustaining and scaling up Grass root innovative ideas
- Provide support for incubation
- Funding support