1. A patent filed by Prof. A. H. Bhat and Nitin Langer titled "A novel method and system of capacitor voltage balancing of a three phase neutral point clamped bidirectional rectifier" has been granted by Indian patent office on 08/07/2020.
2. Dr. Farhad Ilahi Bakhsh, Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department patent entitled “A combined voltage control and rotor power control based flexible asynchronous AC link (FASAL) system,” Patent Application #647/DEL/2012 has been granted on 24/11/2020 (Patent No. 352096).
1. Neeraj Gupta, Anuradha Tomar, Vikas Kumar, "The effect of COVID-19 lockdown on the air environment in India," Global Journal of Environmental Science and Management, vol. 6, 2020. DOI: 10.22034/GJESM.2019.06.SI.04
2. Anuradha Tomar, Neeraj Gupta, "Prediction for the spread of COVID-19 in India and effectiveness of preventive measures," Science of total environment, vol. 178, 2020, DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138762
3. Danish Rafiq, Asiya Batool, and M. A. Bazaz, "Three months of COVID-19: A systematic review and meta-analysis, Reviews in Medical Virology, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/rmv.2113.
4. Danish Rafiq, Suhail Ahmad Suhail and M. Abid Bazaz, "Evaluation and prediction of COVID-19 in India: A case study of worst hit states," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Vol. 139, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2020.110014.
5 . Junaid Farooq, Muhammad Abid Bazaz. "A Novel Adaptive Deep Learning Model of Covid-19 with focus on mortality reduction strategies" Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, 2020, 110148, ISSN 0960-0779, doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2020.110148. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960077920305440)
6. J. Farooq, M.A. Bazaz, A Deep Learning algorithm for modeling and forecasting of
COVID-19 in five worst affected states of India, Alexandria Engineering Journal (2020), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2020.09.037.
RESEARCH PAPERS ACCEPTED/PUBLISHED
1. Tabish Nazir Mir, Bhim Singh, A. H. Bhat, FS-MPC Based Speed Sensorless Control of Matrx Converter Fed Induction Motor Drive with Zero Common Mode voltage, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
2. Tabish Nazir Mir, Bhim Singh and Abdul Hamid Bhat, "Predictive Speed Estimation for Encoderless Control of an Induction Motor Fed by Delta Sigma Modulated Matrix Converter", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications (Accepted)
3. Tabish Nazir Mir, Bhim Singh, Abdul Hamid Bhat titled "Delta Sigma Modulation Based Common Mode Voltage Elimination in Direct Matrix Converter " IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (Accepted).
4. Neeraj Gupta, "Probabilistic Optimal Reactive Power Planning With Onshore and Offshore Wind Generation, EV, and PV Uncertainties, " IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Volume: 56 , Issue: 4 , July-Aug. 2020.
5. Ahsan, H. and Mufti, M.D., 2020. Comprehensive Power System Stability Improvement with ROCOF Controlled SMES. Electric Power Components and Systems, 48(1-2), pp.162-173.
6. Ahsan, H. and Mufti, M.U.D., Systematic development and application of a fuzzy logic equipped generic energy storage system for dynamic stability reinforcement. International Journal of Energy Research.
7. C. Ranga, A. Kumar and R. Chandel, “Influence of Electrical and Thermal Aging on the Mineral Insulating Oil Performance for Power Transformer Applications”, Insight-Non-Destructive Testing and Condition Monitoring, Vol. 62, No. 4, pp. 222-231, April 2020 (SCI).
8. Chandra Sekhar O, Lakhimsetty S. Direct torque control scheme for a five-level multipoint clamped inverter fed induction motor drive using fractional-order PI controller. Int Trans Electr Energy Syst. 2020;e12474. https://doi.org/10.1002/2050-7038.12474
9. Rafiq, D., Bazaz, M.A. A framework for parametric reduction in large-scale nonlinear dynamical systems. Nonlinear Dyn (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-020-05970-3.
10. Aaqib Ahmad Qureshi and Abdul Hamid Bhat, " Comparative Analysis of Unit Template, SRF and the Modified SRF Technique in DSTATCOM Based Distribution System " Accepted for publication in International Journal of Power Electronics.
11. Danish Rafiq and Mohammad Abid Bazaz titled Nonlinear Model Order Reduction via Nonlinear Moment Matching with Dynamic Mode Decomposition, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics Vol. 128 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2020.103625.
12. Dr. Farhad Ilahi Bakhsh has published a research paper entitled, "Analysis of A Three-phase to Seven-phase Transformer Under Unbalanced Input,” in Microsystem Technologies (2020) 26:2507–2516. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00542-020-04791-z (Springer, SCI, Impact Factor 1.737).
13. Dr. Farhad Ilahi Bakhsh research paper entitled, " Equivalent circuit modelling of a three phase to seven phase transformer using PSO,” has been accepted in Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, IOS Press (SCI, Impact Factor 1.851).
14. A. H. Bhat, A Comparative Experimental Analysis of Fractional Order PI Controller Based Direct Torque Control Scheme for Induction Motor Drive", International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems.
15. Deepak Sharma and Abdul Hamid Bhat, " Neural Network Controlled Space Vector PWM for High Power Factor Converter Under Perturbed Conditions "IETE Journal of Research (Taylor & Francis)
1. One week Online Faculty Development Program on Soft Computing Techniques - 2020 (SCT-2020) (Sponsored by TEQIP-III) 25-30 July’ 2020 coordinated by Prof. A. H. Bhat and Dr. Asadur Rahman.
STC Report:-Electrical Engineering/Report_for_FDP_on_SCT-2020,_25-30_July_2020_-_Final.pdf
2. One Week STC on Application of Artificial Intelligence in Electrical Energy Systems, from 17th to 21st August, 2020, coordinated by Prof. Aijaz Ahmad Zarger and Dr. Kushal Jagtap.
1. One week Online Faculty Development Program on Soft Computing Techniques - 2020 (SCT-2020) (Sponsored by TEQIP-III) 25-30 July’ 2020.
ACHIEVEMENTS/OUTREACH ACTIVITIES BY FACULTY
1. 'Team NIT Srinagar' with Dr. Asadur Rahman Assistant Professor as Team Leader and six final year B.Tech EED students have taken part in International BRICS Youth Energy Outlook 2020, Moscow Russia. The teams presentation has been acknowledged by the organizers which is an achievement for the Institute to be connected globally in this platform.
2. Dr. Farhad-“Best Paper Award” on paper entitled “Transformer Based DC-to-AC Grid Connected Multi-level Inverter Topology”" in International Conference on Renewable Power -2020, held at BGSBU, Rajouri, J&K, India on 13th-14th July, 2020.
3. Dr. Farhad-Delivered an Invited Talk on topic “An overview of Variable Frequency Transformer" at Saharsa College of Engineering, Saharsa under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. Of Bihar on 21st July, 2020.
4. Dr. Asadur Rahman, Asst. Prof., EED presented a ‘Special Talk’ on topic entitled “Green Energy Technologies" at the Webinar Series of Royal Global University, Organized by Royal School of Applied & Pure Sciences, Guwahati, Assam on 01st September 2020.
5. Dr. Asadur Rahman, Asst. Prof., EED delivered an ‘Expert Talk’ on “Solar-Thermal Technology" at Online web-series presentations organized by Dept. of EE, SSM College of Engineering, J&K on 20th August 2020.
6. Dr. Asadur Rahman, Asst. Prof., EED delivered ‘Keynote address’ on topic “Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Technology" at AICTE Sponsored one-week Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Recent Developments And Entrepreneurship In Sustainable Green Energy Technologies And Smart Grids” Organized by: Dept. of EEE, B.V. Raju Institute of Technology, Telengana on 17th August 2020.
7. Dr. Asadur Rahman, Asst. Prof., EED delivered an ‘Expert Talk’ on topic entitled “Introduction & Basics of MATLAB" at One Week Online Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Modelling and Simulation using MATLAB” (Sponsored by TEQIP-III) Organized by: Dept. of EE, GIMT-Guwahati & ASTU on 24th July 2020.
8. Dr. Asadur Rahman, Asst. Prof., EED delivered an ‘Expert talk’ on topic entitled “Concentrated Solar Power (CSP)" at One Week Online Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on "Modern Power Plant Technologies: Policies, Industrial Practices and Sustainability” Organized by: Dept. of EE, GIMT-Guwahati and Dept. of Energy, ASTU under Collaborative Research Scheme (CRS) of ASTU-Guwahati (An aegis of TEQIP-III, MHRD, Govt. of India) on 29th June 2020.
9. Dr. Asadur Rahman, Asst. Prof., EED delivered an ‘Invited talk’ on topic entitled “Computational Intelligence - Genetic Algorithm" at One Week International Online FDP on Computational Intelligence and Modeling in Modern Power System (Skill Upgradation and Professional Development in Emerging Areas under Margdarshan Scheme, AICTE) Organized by: Dept. of EE, VRSEC, Andhra Pradesh on 22th June 2020.
10. Dr. Farhad Ilahi Bakhsh, Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department chaired a session in “1st International Conference on Innovations in Clean Energy Technology (ICET-2020)” organized by Energy Centre, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, India, 27th-28th August, 2020.
11. Dr. Farhad Ilahi Bakhsh, Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department delivered Expert Lecture in one week online Short Term Course on “Emerging Trends in Power and Energy Systems” organized by the Department of Electrical Engineering, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, UP on 27th August, 2020.
12. Dr. Farhad Ilahi Bkahsh have delivered an Expert Lecture on 22-10-2020 in one week Workshop on “Sustainable Energy: Challenges and Opportunities” organized by Department of Electrical Engineering under Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP – III), during 19th Oct - 23rd Oct, 2020.
13. Dr. Farhad Ilahi Bakhsh has delivered an Expert Talk on 05-11-2020 in online Faculty Development Programme on “Advances in Teaching and Research in the Field of Green Energy and Sustainable Development” organized by Department of EEE, JNTUA College of Engineering, Kalikiri, Chittoor (Dist), AP, INDIA & Directorate of Faculty Development & IQAC, JNTUA, Ananthapuramu, during 2nd Nov – 7th Nov, 2020.